In addition to the communications which you send to your investors via the communication centre, communications to investors are also automatically generated when you perform certain actions in the Issuer centre.
These communications are sent via email if the investor has provided an email address and chosen to receive emails in their investor details settings, however, if the investor has chosen not to receive emails or does not have an email address stored in their investor contact details, a PDF of the communication in letter format may be generated for you to mail to the investor.
Communications are also made available to the investor online. They can access these by logging in to the Investor centre and viewing their communications list.
Through the Outbound email preferences, you have the option of reviewing any email communications generated by the system and manually approving them to be sent, or sending them automatically.
The following is a list of the various actions which you can perform in the system that result in communications being generated for your investors via email or as a PDF which you can mail to them:
- An invitation to sign up to the Investor centre is generated for the investor.
- A notice of meeting with a link to vote online and an attached PDF proxy form is generated for the investor.
- An email with the offer document is generated for investors who request it via the application form.
- When an investor submits an online application an email notification with an invoice attached is generated.
- When an application is marked as paid, the issuer user may generate an email notification thanking them for payment with a receipt attached.
- When an application is approved and securities are issued to the applicant, an email is generated for the investor advising them of their new securities and inviting them to sign up to the Investor Centre.
For each transaction listed below, a notification is generated for the investor advising them of the transaction, with a holding statement attached to show them a record of the transaction and their updated balance. If the security is certificated, they will also receive an updated certificate. For transfers of securities, both investors involved in the transfer will be notified.
- Issue of securities
- Transfer of securities
- Redemption of securities
- Execution of a capital call
- A notice of payment is generated advising the investor that the payment has been scheduled and that they will soon receive further communications containing a payment statement when their individual payment has been made.
- A payment statement is generated for the investor when the payment is made.
- A notification is generated for the investor advising them to update their bank details if their direct credit payment is retained.
The following statements may be generated and sent to the investor:
- Tax statements
- Periodic statements
- Exit statements
When an investor's holding details are edited, an optional notification is generated informing the investor of the update. Updating the following details will create a notification:
- An investor associate’s registration details.
- An investor's tax details
- The payment instructions, contact details or communication preferences of an investor’s holding.
- An invitation will be generated for a new email address granted access to a holding.
- An invitation will be generated for a new email address granted read-only access to a holding.
- An existing user will be notified if they are granted access to a new holding.
- An existing user will be notified if they are granted read-only access to a new holding.