To send a message with custom attachments:
- From the menu, go to Communications and click Messages.
- Click Create new message.
- Select Send custom attachments to investors if you wish for the recipients to receive different attachments.
- The attachments must use the HIN/SRN of the investor you wish that attachment to be sent to. Eg. I90051227455.pdf will go to the investor with SRN I90051227455.
- Add all the attachments here for all the investors you wish to send the communication to and one message will be sent for each document.
- There is an option to rename files using Prepend text to attachment file name.
- Click “Show tax statement options” if they are hidden and then tick The attachment(s) are Tax statements option if you would like the attachments to act as tax statements. When pressed a drop down option will allow you to choose the financial year the report is for. If selected, the attachments will appear in the Investor centre under the Tax statements menu item.
- Check the Do not send emails checkbox if you do not want email messages to be generated for this communication. PDF communications will be generated for all investors and the message will also appear in the Investor centre communications list.
- Enter a message Subject.
- Type the message you want to send to your investors, in the box below Dear <contact first name>.
- You can attach a file to include with your message, by clicking Attach files to message then browsing to a file on your computer.
- You also include a link to a video by pasting the video URL under Include link to video.
- Select the Yes option for Does this message contain a copy of an annual report? if the message you are sending includes your annual report. Investors who have specified in their investor details that they do not wish to receive annual reports via email will not be sent an email if you select Yes here.
You can choose to either:
- Save as draft to save the message but not send it, if you wish to send it later, or;
- Click Send to send the message now. In the confirmation dialog, click Ok, send email. You will be emailed a collated PDF of letters to mail to investors who have not provided an email address. If you have set Investor announcements to Requires approval in your email preferences, you will need to then approve and send the email messages manually.
- At any time you can view a preview of how your communication will appear as both an email and a letter by clicking Email preview or Letter preview.
- There may be a short delay between when you hit Send and when your investors receive the message in their email inbox.
- All investors who are specified as recipients of your message, regardless of whether they receive an email or a mailed letter, will be able to access the message via their communications list in the Investor centre.