To create a new meeting, go to the Meetings menu itemand click Meetings.
Click on Create new meeting andfollow the form steps to complete each section (detailed below).
- In the Meeting type dropdown, select from the options:
- Annual General Meeting
- Extraordinary General Meeting
- General Meeting
- Meeting address: The location at which the meeting will be held.
- Select securities that may vote on resolutions: Only investors who hold one or more of the securities you select here will be eligible to vote in your meeting. The weight of each investor’s available votes is determined by the amount of securities they hold on the Record date of the meeting (see step 5 below).
- What is the meeting about: Add a description of what the meeting is about.
- Notice of meeting: Attach a notice of meeting document which will be attached to the email sent to investors.
- Click on Attach ‘Notice of meeting’.
- Find and select the file from computer and accept.
- Supporting documentation: Attach any supporting documentation to be provided to investors. These documents will also be attached to the notice of meeting email.
- Click on Attach files.
- Find and select the files from computer and accept (you can attach as many files as needed).
- Return details for proxy form: Investors that do not have a registered email address or have opted to receive postal communications, will receive a proxy form via post with the return details entered in this section of the form. The proxy details will be prefilled with your Registrar contact details.
- Click Next. Note that you won’t be able to move to the next stage until you attach a Notice of meeting.
- Timezone: The timezone in which your meeting is held.
- Meeting date & time: Date and time for the meeting.
- Onsite registration start time: Time at which investors can register onsite for the meeting on meeting date.
- Record date: For a vote to count, an investor must be a shareholder on this date.
- Online voting cutoff date & time: Voting for resolutions will remain open until a show of hands is requested or a poll is closed on a resolution during the meeting.
- Offline voting cutoff date & time: Date until hard copy proxy forms are accepted.
In this step you can add 1 or more resolutions to be voted on at the meeting. To enter a resolution:
- Enter a Resolution name.
- Select a Resolution type:
- Ordinary: Passed if at least 50% of all eligible cast votes are cast 'For'.
- Extraordinary: Passed if at least 50% of all votes castable are cast 'For'.
- Special: Passed if at least 75% of all eligible cast votes are cast 'For'.
- Non-binding: Voting on this resolution is advisory and does not bind the directors or the company.
- Resolution description: Description of the resolution.
- Exclude investors from voting: Exclude any investors from voting.
- Board member/s with conflict (if any): Add board members with conflict separated by a comma.
- Include a disclaimer?: If yes add a Resolution disclaimer.
- Board recommendation: Options include For, Against or Not provided.
- Chairman's voting intention: Options include For, Against or Abstain.
- To add another resolution click + Add another resolution. You can add as many resolutions as required.
- Click Next.
In this step you can review your meeting before making it ‘Open’ so that investors can submit their votes. Before opening the meeting, you can go back and make any changes if you need to.
- The View notice of meeting emailpreview link will show the email that will be sent to investors once the meeting is has been opened.
- The View proxy form link shows a preview of the proxy form that will attached to the notice of meeting email notification, once the meeting has been opened. A printable, collated PDF will also be generated containing the proxy forms for all investors who do not have an email address stored in their investor details or who have chosen to receive notice of meeting communications via post.
- To open the meeting click Save & open meeting for voting.
- Alternatively, if you are not yet ready to open the meeting you can click Save. This will save the meeting as a draft under Draft Meetings on the Meetings page.You can return to edit it at a later time.
- Note that the total combined size of the notice of meeting document you attach along with any other documents you include in your meeting’s supporting documentation must be under 10Mb in order for the notice of meeting email message to be successfully sent. The reason for this restriction is that the email delivery service the Registry Direct platform uses limits the total email message size to 10Mb. This aligns with best practice, as emails with attachments larger than 10Mb are generally frowned upon by both end recipients and email providers. The upshot of this restriction is that to safely leave room for the notice of meeting body and PDF proxy form, the total combined size of your notice of meeting attachment and any supporting documents attachments should be limited to 8Mb or less.
- Once your meeting has been opened, you can then manage it through to closure.