You have the following options with regards to which emails are sent to your investors from Registry Direct:
- Send automatically. Emails which are created by you or generated by the system will be sent immediately to investors.
- Requires approval. Emails which are created by you or generated by the system must be manually approved through the communications centre before they are sent. This gives you a chance to review the emails and confirm their content is correct and you are happy with their contents, before they are sent to your investors.
By default, all categories of email for new issuers are set to Requires approval.
Changing outbound email preferences
To manage the outbound email preferences:
- From the menu, go to Communications, and click on Outbound emails.
- The types of emails are listed, grouped by category. You can set approval preferences for each category separately by selecting either Send automatically or Requires approval.
- You can additionally choose to turn on Silent mode, which will suppress all emails to investors, but still display your messages to them in the Investor Centre.
- Click Save.
Sending emails which require approval
If an email has been generated which requires approval, you can review the email in the communication centre before approving and sending it:
- From the menu, go to Communications and click on Messages.
- In the Outbox Grouped tab, any send event with emails requiring approval will display the number that require approval in the No. requires approval column.
- Click on the message title in the Message column to go to the message detail view.
- The message detail will show a table with a row for each individual message for that send event. Any emails requiring approval will display Requires approval in the Status column. Review the email by clicking on the row's Email icon.
- To send the message, check the checkbox for that row, and from the Message actions menu, click Approve and send. Click Yes, send emails to confirm.