Various actions which you take on the Registry Direct platform can result in outbound postal communications being generated for your investors. A postal communication will be generated if the investor:
- Does not have an email address.
- Has specified in to receive specific types of communications via post, in their communication preferences.
To manage the lifecycle of a postal communication to one of your investors, find the message in your outbound communications list in either the Outbox notification (Post tab), Outbox ungrouped or Message detail view, and set its Status to one of the following:
- Letter prepared: A PDF letter has been generated and is ready to send. Only the Registry Direct platform can set a Post communication to this status, it cannot be set by users.
- Posted: The letter has been printed and sent via post to the investor. To set a Post communication to Posted tick the checkbox for the message/s and then choose Mark as posted from the Message actions dropdown box at the top of the messages list.
- Abandoned: A decision has been made to abandon any attempt to get the letter to the investor via the post.To set a Post communication to Abandoned tick the checkbox for the message/s and then choose Mark as abandoned from the Message actions dropdown box at the top of the messages list.
Postal communications returned to sender
If you have received returned mail from an investor’s postal address, you can record it in their address details in their Investor details page.
- Find the investor’s Investor detail page.
- On the Investor details tab of the Investor detail page, go to the first associate listed. They are the primary investor and their address is used as the postal address. Click Edit.
- Select Yes for Has postal mail been returned to sender?, and click Save.
- Some actions on the Registry Direct platform such as creating a meeting, sending a notice of payment or sending dividend statements for a payment, can result in many outbound Post communications being created at once. In these cases a collated PDF which contains all of those Post communications will be generated. This collated PDF can be found at the top of the message details page for the message. The collated PDF is provided (in addition to each individual PDF) to make printing and sending a large number of Post communications at once more convenient.