There are two ways to create a new security:
- From the menu, go to Capitalisation and click Capitalisation by securities and click the Create Security link or
- From the menu, go to Capitalisation and click Create securities.
Both options will lead you to the Create security page.
From this page:
- Enter a Security name (e.g. “Ordinary Shares”) and select a Category from the dropdown.
- Unit precision is an option we provide for unit trust when they offer partial units e.g. for 1.2365 units you would select 4. For whole shares / units leave this selection as 0. Price precision is related to how many decimals you would like to use when calculating applications, redemptions, off market transactions etc. e.g. for an application if the application price is $1.0205 per share / unit you would select 4 here. This is defaulted to 2 e.g. if the application price is $1.02 per share / unit
- Choose in which position you wish to display the security under the CAP (from top to bottom) table by assigning a number from Cap table display order dropdown.
- If the security will be partly paid, select Partly paid to allow unpaid amounts to be entered for transactions.
- If you wish for the security to be certificated, tick Certificates will be issued for this security. Share certificates will then be generated for the investors in that security. You can also customise the share certificate number and terms of security as you would like them to appear (see Step 3 of Editing share certificate details).
- After you have saved the security, you may edit security to Upload historical price data.
- To populate the historical price chart on the security details page:
- Create a CSV file of the historical share price for your security. To ensure the format of your CSV file is correct, download the template CSV file (located in the Edit security page) and overwrite the data in that file with the actual data for your security and save in your local drive to be uploaded in the following steps.
- On the Edit security page, under Upload historical price data, click Upload CSV.
- Browse to the CSV file on your computer and select it.
- Click Save.
To Edit security after you have created it:
- From the menu, go to Capitalisation and click Capitalisation by securities.
- On the Securities page, click the security name ie: Ordinary Units.
- On the security details page, click edit security.
- Make your changes, then click Save.
- Once you have uploaded historical price data for your security, this data is displayed on a chart on the security details page. This price data is used to determine a value for your investors’ holdings at a given point in time. Investors will see these values in the Investor centre when they view their holdings.
- If you have not uploaded any price data for security/securities then your investors will see a “-” instead of a dollar value when they view their holdings for that security.