To create new certificated security:
- Follow the process of creating a new security and in Step 3, you will get to the settings which relate to certificating your security.
- Tick the Certificated checkbox to make your security certificated.
- Customise the Company code reference # and the Security code reference #. You will see a preview of how the share certificate numbers will appear under the Share certificate number sample. Then customise the Terms of security as they will appear on the share certificate. There is a 600 character limit for this field.
To make existing security certificated:
- From the menu go to Capitalisation and click By Securities, then from the table click on the name of the security.
- On the security detail page, click edit security.
- Tick the Certificates will be issued for this security checkbox.
- Customise the share certificate number and terms of security as you would like them to appear, by following the details in step 3 of editing share certificate details.
- Click Save.
Once you have certificated securities you can send the new share certificates to your investors by activating the register (if it's still in preview mode). Please see details here.
If the register is already activated you can send the share certificates to the investors who are not registered by sending them a reminder to sign up. To send this communication please see details here.
The share certificates will also be available in the investor centre so the investor can download a copy of their certificate at any time once they have registered.
You can also download an individual investor’s current share certificate from their investor details page:
- Search for the investor.
- On the Investor details page, under Share certificate, click the share certificate reference number this will download a PDF of the investor’s share certificate to your computer.