To create a new certificated security:
- Follow the process of creating a new security and in Step 6, you will get to the settings which relate to certificating your security.
- Tick the the Certificated checkbox to make your security certificated.
- Customise the Company code reference # and the Security code reference #. You will see a preview of how the share certificate numbers will appear under Share certificate number sample. Then customise the Terms of security as they will appear on the share certificate. There is a 600 character limit for this field.
To make an existing security certificated:
- From the menu go to Capitalisation and click By Securities, then from the table click on the name of the security.
- On the security detail page, click edit security.
- Tick the Certificates will be issued for this security checkbox.
- Customise the share certificate number and terms of security as you would like them to appear, by following the details in step 3 of editing share certificate details.
- Click Save.
Once you have a certificated security, to download printable PDFs of your investors’ share certificates:
- From the menu go to Investors and click on Share certificates. The list displays all current share certificates. Share certificates that have not yet been downloaded are labelled as New.
- To download only new certificates, click Download ‘New’ only.
- To download all certificates, click Download All.
- To download individual certificates, locate the certificate by Investor or Certificate number in the table, then click download in that table row.
You can also download an individual investor’s current share certificate from their investor details page:
- Search for the investor.
- On the Investor details page, under Share certificate, click the share certificate reference number to download a PDF of the investor’s share certificate to your computer.