The Top investors report displays a list of investors that hold shares in selected securities, ranked by investment size.
To generate a Top investors report:
- In the menu, go to Reports, then click Top investors.
- Click on + Create new report to create a new report
- Select one or multiple securities using the dropdown or start typing your security name. Alternatively, you can Include all securities by ticking the checkbox below the securities list dropdown.
- Select how you would like to group holdings in the report. The report can be grouped in the following ways:
- Do not display children of grouped holdings
- Do not group holdings
- Set an As at date for your report, to see holding balances at the date selected.
- By default, the report will show the top 20 investors. You can change the value in the Show me the top X investors to see fewer or more. Alternatively, tick the show all box to see a list of all investors.
- Optionally check the box to show nil holdings
- Select the formats of the report to be generated. Reports can be generated in the following formats:
- Click Generate report. The report will generated and re-direct to the Top investors list view where you can see a list of generated reports.
Top investors report list view
Generated reports are shown in the Top investors list view table. In the menu, go to Reports, then click Top investors.
Click on the description takes you to the report detail view. The detail view shows the parameters used to create the report and the generated date and time. A the bottom of the detail view links to download the report in the selected formats can be found
Click on delete to delete the report
The report contains the following fields:
- Investor name: The registered name of the investor holding the shares.
- Security name(s): The number of shares held by the investor in the selected security. There will be one column for each security selected.
- Total: The sum of shares held by the investor in each of the selected securities.
- % of total: The percentage held by the investor from total issued shares.
The bottom of the report displays:
- The Total held by top [number of investors] for each of these fields.
- The Held by others row shows totals held by investors excluded from the report.
- The Total row is the sum of Top Investors + Held by others.
If a group option is selected for the report icons will be show to differentiate between:
- A single investor
- An investor group created in the investor groups feature
- An investor with holdings in 1 or more of the selected securities
If the display children option is selected, an indented list of holders will be show under each investor group in the report and under each investor with holdings in 1 or more of the selected securities.