If you have made a payment in the past which is not on the register and you want it to appear in the register, you can create an historical payment. If a payment is set up with the record date and the payment date in the past, the payment will be created in “historical mode”.
A historical payment can be created while your register is in preview mode, or while it is live. While in preview mode, only historical payments can be created.
When a payment is in “historical mode”:
- All payment instructions will be automatically created as Paid.
- Any DRP transactions will not be processed, because they will be deemed as already present in the register data.
- The payment will automatically be created as Finalised.
- ABA files will not be generated.
- No communications will be emailed to investors, however, payment statements will be generated and available to investors in the Investor centre.