You can review your payment setup before calculating the payment details for each investor. Once the payment is calculated, you can review the payment details for each investor organised by payment method; direct credit, cheque and dividend reinvestment plan. When you are ready, you can schedule the payment and notify your investors.
Review payment setup
- On the Payment details page, review the payment summary information. This includes:
- A Payment ID, which is a unique reference number for your payment, is also displayed here.
- Payment status, the current stage of the payment processing.
- Record date and Payment date
- Payment type.
- Securities entitled to the distribution.
- Details of the investors Included in the payment or Excluded from the payment.
- Cash components, including the Total cash.
- Non-cash components, including the Total non-cash component (dividends only).
- Payment rounding.
- Withholding tax details, and a link to the withholding tax rates table.
- How Payments to investors without bank details will be processed.
- DRP price per security and DRP rounding.
- Notice of payment pdf, if a notice of payment has been uploaded during the payment setup.
- The option to attach a Signed payment report. See Reports under Review calculated payments below.
- In the Calculated payment amounts table
- Payment method.
- No. of payments per payment method.
- Total Gross amount. Calculated by adding all of the cash components for each security holder.
- Total RWT (Resident Withholding Tax) amount and total NRWT (Non-Resident Withholding Tax) amount. Calculated by Withholding tax amount deducted for each investor. This is calculated based on the component type and the circumstances of each unit holder e.g. Australian resident for tax purposes with no tax file number (TFN) recorded.
- Total Net amount. Calculated by deducting Tax from the Gross amount
- Rounding indicates the amount of rounding completed on the payment
- Total Cash amount. Calculated by: Total cash payment (before rounding) - Resident Withholding tax - Non resident Withholding tax +/- Rounding amount.
- Franking credit (dividends only).
- No. alerts. Indicates if a payment will be retained due to missing or incorrect payment instructions.
- Cash paid, pending and retained. The cash amounts of payments that have been processed as paid, pending or retrained.
- If you want to change any of the payment details, you can go back to the payment setup by clicking on Back to payment setup link at the top-right of the page.
- Once you are satisfied that the payment is set up correctly you can click on Next. This will calculate the payments for each investor. Once you have calculated the payment, you will not be able to return to the payment setup.
Review calculated payment
Once the payment has been calculated:
- In the Payment details section, you can download payment Reports:
- Individual payment CSV. A CSV file containing investor details, payment amounts and payment instructions for every payee.
- Payment summary report PDF. This report shows a summary of the payment including a breakdown of the total payment per payment method. It includes an approval confirmation which can be signed and uploaded to the Payment details page by clicking Attach new file under Signed payment report.
- In the Calculated payment amounts section, you can click on each payment method to see a detailed breakdown of payments to each investor.
- You can review the Withholding tax (if any) deducted for each investor and update the WHT rate if required. Click on any payment method in the Calculated payment amounts section, then click on the amount in the WHT column. This will take you to the Individual holder payment detail, where you can view the WHT rate per component and edit it.
If you are happy with the payment, the next step is to Schedule a payment and notify your investors.