Cheque payments will exist for investors who have not provided bank details if you made cheque payments an available option when you set up your payment.
To pay your investors via cheque:
- From the Payment detail view click on the blue number next to Cheques to go to the Cheque detail view. In this view you will be able to see a list of payments to be made via cheque. It includes an editable Cheque Number field, an editable Status dropdown and an Activity link.
- Using the fields from the list, Cheques should be made out to the Investor with an amount equal to Cheque Amt (Rounded). This amount will equal the Net amount unless the investor has elected to receive a portion of the dividend payment in DRP.
- Once you have sent cheques, the Status dropdown can be set to Sent.
- Once the cheques have been presented to the bank, the Status dropdown can be set to Presented.
- There are two options for payment retained in the Status dropdown:
- Payment retained - cheque was returned to sender, and
- Payment retailed - wrong address details.
See handling failed payments for further information on these options.
Alternatively, from the Payment detail page all cheques can be marked as Paid by clicking on the Set all cheques payments to paid link. The blue panel containing this link appears in Payment detail on Payment date.
Once you have sent cheques to your investors you can send them their dividend statements.