Through the Investor centre, you can process various types of security redemptions.
There is also the option to upload a completed redemption application document, which is stored with the redemption record for audit trail purposes.
You can process various types of security redemptions, optionally uploading a completed redemption application document which will be stored with the redemption record for audit trail purposes.
To process a redemption of securities:
- From the menu, go to Transactions and click Redeem securities.
- Click Add new.
- Select the Redemption type and the Security from the dropdown.
- Select investor. You can choose from the dropdown menu, or type in the field to search by name, HIN or SRN.
- Enter the Settlement date, the Amount of securities to be redeemed and the Price per security. The total dollar amount of the redemption will be calculated in the green box to the right.
- Upload a Completed redemption application document by clicking Attach file, then browse to select a file from your computer.
- Click the Next button to review the transaction on the Confirm transaction page.
- To execute the transaction, click the Confirm transaction button.
The investor will receive an email notification and attached holding statement informing them of the details of the redemption.
You can also download a copy of the investor's holding statement.
If the investor does not have an email address stored in the system or has chosen not to receive statements via email, an email notification will be sent to the issuer or registrar (depending on how your profile is configured) containing an attached holding statement which can be printed and mailed to the investor to inform them of the redemption.
Below: the New redemption page