To issue securities to an investor, they will need to exist in your register. Otherwise, you will need to add them as a new investor.
Once the investor exists in your register you can now issue those securities to that investor:
- From the menu, go to Transactions and click Issue securities.
- Select the Allotment type from the dropdown menu. Allotment types can be added by clicking Create new allotment type at the bottom of the dropdown menu. Allotment types can be managed by navigating to Transactions and then to Transaction management.
- Select an investor. You can choose from the dropdown menu, or type in the field to search by name, HIN or SRN.
- If you have more than Issuer, select the Issuer.
- Select the Security to be issued to.
- Specify the Settlement date.
- Select how the securities will be allotted:
- Enter the Number of securities.
- Enter the Paid amount per security.
- If the security is partly paid, enter the Unpaid amount per security.
- Enter the Total paid value.
- If the security is partly paid, enter the Total unpaid value.
- Enter the Total amount per security.
- Allot by number of securities, paid amount will be calculated. The number of securities to be issued is automatically multiplied by the paid amount per security to determine the Total paid amount, displayed in the green box. For partly-paid securities, the number of securities to be issued is automatically multiplied by the unpaid amount per security to determine the Total unpaid amount, and the Total amount is calculated from the total paid and unpaid amounts and displayed in the green box.
- Allot by total value, units will be calculated. The total value to be issued is automatically divided by the paid amount per security to determine the Number of securities, displayed in the green box. For partly-paid securities, the combined total paid and total unpaid values to be issued are automatically divided by the total amount per security to determine the Number of securities, and the Total amount is calculated from the total paid and unpaid amounts and displayed in the green box.
- If securities are being issued in exchange for something other than cash, Click Show more options and Check Securities are issued for other than cash
- Under Attachments, you have the option of uploading a completed application document by clicking Add file, then browsing to select a file from your computer.
- Click the Next button to review the transaction on the Confirm transaction page.
- To execute the transaction, click the Confirm transaction button. An email notification with a holding statement attached will be generated for the investor, to alert them to the fact that they have been issued new securities.
- You can view the result of issuing the securities by going to the Capital Structure or by clicking on the investors name on the confirmation transaction page which will take you to the investors holding details page.
- You can download a copy of the investor's holding statement.
- If the investor does not have an email address stored in the system or have chosen not to receive statements via email, an email notification will be sent to the issuer or registrar (depending on how your profile is configured) containing an attached holding statement which can be printed and mailed to the investor to inform them that they have been issued shares.