Through the Investor centre, you can process various types of security transfers.
There is also the option to upload a completed transfer application document, which is stored with the transfer record for audit trail purposes.
To process a security transfer from one investor to another:
- From the menu, go to Transactions and click Transfer securities.
- Click Add new.
- Select the Transfer type and the Security from the dropdown menus.
- Select seller and Select buyer. You can choose from the dropdown, or type in the field to search by name, HIN or SRN.
- Enter the Settlement date, the Amount of securities to be transferred and the Cost per security. The total purchase price will be calculated in the green box to the right.
- If you wish to you have the option of uploading can upload a completed transfer application document by clicking Attach completed transfer application document, then browsing to select a file from your computer.
- Click Transfer securities.
The buyer and seller will both receive an email notification and attached holding statement informing them of the details of the transaction.
If one or both of the investors don't have an email address stored in the system, or have chosen not to receive statements via email, an email notification will be sent to the issuer or registrar (depending on how your profile is configured). This email will include an attached holding statement, which can be printed and mailed to the investor(s) to inform them of the transfer.
- If the buyer is a new investor to this security, you will need to add them as an investor first.