The Investor Centre allows you to have different tax details for each of your different accounts.
To add or change the tax details of an account:
- Log into the Investor centre.
- Click Update details.
- Click on the pencil icon on the account you wish to update.
- Click on the Tax details tab.
- Click Submit/Update tax details (for shares in a company), or Submit/Update tax declaration (for unit trusts).
- Click on the Select tax type dropdown and select a tax type.
- Enter the Name of the investor.
- Is Australia your country of residence for tax purposes?
- Click Yes or No.
- Enter your TFN or ABN.
- If you are exempt from providing a TFN/ABN then you can enter the applicable exemption code here instead. See the exemption codes article for the full list of codes.
- If the Tax type you selected is Individual, you can provide tax details for up to two more joint holders by clicking Add investor.
- If you are providing a tax declaration for a unit trust, enter the Name of person submitting this declaration and the Date.
- Click Save.
If you are Chess Sponsored (Holder Identification Number (HIN) starting with ‘X’) you will need to inform your broker who will arrange for the change to be noted in the CHESS register.