This menu item allows issuers to generate quarterly tax file number (QTFN) reports that can be lodged with the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
Note, the Registry Direct platform will not automatically lodge the reports with the ATO. This way, issuers can verify and update the information as required before lodging any reports. The reports may be generated as frequently as the issuer requires. Once the information has been verified, issuers (or their agents) must lodge the reports via the ATO portal themselves.
Issuers have the ability to produce the reports in either of two formats: Excel or TXT. Both are designed to be able to be lodged directly with the ATO. Issuers with more than 1,000 investors must use the TXT format in order to lodge the file with the ATO.
In addition to the Registry Direct platform producing the file for the ATO, the platform will generate a report in Excel format that details investors whose information stored on the platform is incomplete or contains errors that prevents their information being reported (e.g. no TFN is recorded for an investor). This is to inform issuers which investors are missing information and empowers them to update the information as required.
To generate the QTFN reports:
- From the menu, go to Regulatory reports and click Quarterly TFN Reports.
- Under What time period is this report for? select the financial quarter. Note that no matter what time period is selected, the report contains the latest information. The date selected is only used to date the report for reporting purposes.
- Select the file format type from File type:.
- Click Generate report. A ZIP file containing the following will be downloaded to your computer:
- The QTFN report file which can be lodged in the ATO portal