A red dot above the Meetings menu item indicates that you have pending Votes to cast.
From the Meetings page, Open meetings that require your vote will also display a red dot in the Status column. Click anywhere on the row displaying the meeting to go to the Meeting details page.
If you are voting online during a meeting, you may be asked to enter an Attendance verification code before continuing to the meeting details page. The meeting organiser will provide this code to you.
On the Meeting details page, click Show meeting details and voting declaration to see:
- The meeting address and description.
- The investor name and security for whom the votes will be cast.
- The dates and times for the meeting, onsite registration, record date, online voting cutoff and offline voting cutoff.
- Calendar links for iCal and Google.
- The voting declaration.
There are two steps to casting your vote.
Step 1. Assign a proxy
Use the checkbox to assign the Chairman as the proxy, or assign a new proxy by clicking Assign an alternative proxy. If you assign a new proxy:
- Select whether the proxy is an individual or a body corporate.
- Provide the New proxy’s name or role, their mobile number and their email.
Click the Assign proxy button to assign your proxy. This will display the meeting resolutions and allow you to direct your votes.
Step 2. Direct your votes
Each Meeting resolution includes:
- Resolution name
- Resolution description
- Board recommendation
- Chairman’s voting intention
- Options for your vote:
- Leave to Proxy
Clicking on one of these voting options will direct how you want your vote cast. Click Clear vote to deselect all voting options.
When you have directed your votes, click Submit votes to register your votes. On the Meetings page, the meeting will now show a Status of Votes submitted and a green dot to indicate you have voted.