Through the Issuer centre, you can process capital calls for unpaid amounts on partly paid securities. In order to create a capital call you must first create a partly paid security, which has holdings that have an unpaid amount.
There is also the option to upload a completed application document, which is stored with the capital call record for audit trail purposes.
To process a capital call:
- From the menu, go to Transactions and click Capital call.
- Select the Security from the dropdown.
- Select the investor. You can choose from the dropdown menu, or type in the field to search by name, HIN or SRN.
- Enter the Settlement date.
- Enter the Total call amount.
- Enter the Amount per security
- Under Attachments, you have the option of uploading a completed application document by clicking Add file, then browsing to select a file from your computer.
- Click the Next button to review the transaction on the Confirm transaction page.
- To execute the transaction, click the Confirm transaction button.
- After the transaction has been confirmed, you can view the result of issuing the securities by going to the Capital Structure or by clicking on the investors name on the confirmation transaction page which will take you to the investors holding details page.
An email notification and attached holding statement will be generated for the investor informing them of the details of the capital call.
- You can also download a copy of the investor's holding statement.
- If the investor does not have an email address stored in the system or has chosen not to receive statements via email, an email notification will be sent to the issuer or registrar (depending on how your profile is configured) containing an attached holding statement which can be printed and mailed to the investor to inform them of the capital call.